Skillet Zoodle Lasagna
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb lean ground beef grass fed, if possible
- 3/4 cup yellow onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 14.5 oz cans organic diced tomatoes or 3 cups fresh diced tomatoes
- 1 15 oz can organic tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3-4 medium zucchini spiralized
- Sprinkling all-natural parmesan cheese omit for dairy-free
- Spiralize/cut zucchini into thick noodles, set aside.
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, crumble in beef and cook until browned, stirring occasionally. Drain fat, set beef aside.
- Heat olive oil in skillet, once hot and add onion and saute until tender, about 3 minutes, adding in garlic during last 30 seconds of sautéing.
- Pour in diced tomatoes, and sauce. Stir in fresh parsley, the basil, oregano, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring just to a gentle boil then add zucchini noodles and cooked beef, stir and submerge noodles in liquid, then reduce heat to a simmer, cover skillet with lid and allow to cook until noodles are tender-crisp and most of the liquid has been absorbed, about 4 minutes, stirring gently.
- Stir in ricotta or cottage cheese, if using(I skipped this time)
- Garnish with fresh parsley and a touch of parmesan, serve warm.
Cheese optional, omit if dairy free. Please check the ingredients on the labels, sometimes there are too many additives.
I have found that it’s better to drain the cans of diced tomatoes, makes the final product a little less runny.