Tortilla Soup is essential winter fare. So easy to make, very filling, and lots of quality leftovers. Serve it with a little cornbread, or even our baked potato nachos.
- 1 rotisserie chicken shredded
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 1 large can hominy
- 1 large can black beans rinsed
- 1 can sweet corn drained
- 3/4 box chicken broth
- 2 packs taco seasoning
- 1 can rotelle tomatoes adjust to how spicy you want it
- In a large stock pot, add 2 tbs of olive oil, the chopped onion and garlic.
- Cook down the onion, about 5 minutes.
- Once the onion and garlic are cooked, add the already cooked chicken
- Add the remaining ingredients, bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat to medium-low, cover and let simmer for about 1 hour.
- Serve it!
You can adjust the spiciness from how much taco seasoning you add, or by the type of rotelle tomatoes you add. Top it with sour cream if that’s your thing. We just ate it with some tortilla chips.