white chicken chili
- 2 pounds chicken breasts boneless skinless
- 2 onions diced
- 4 stalks celery diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 2 jalapeño pepper minced & seeded
- 2 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound bag of corn frozen corn, rinsed (optional)
Add all of the ingredients except for the corn to the Instant Pot.
Secure the lid, close the pressure valve and cook for 15 minutes at high pressure. (Poultry button, adjust timer to 15)
- Open the valve to quick release any pressure (this will allow the steam to escape and you’ll be able to open the lid sooner than waiting for natural release).
Shred the chicken in the pot then add the corn to the pot. Press the sauté button and cook for 5 minutes or until the corn is heated through.
Remember that 15 minutes of pressure cooking is in addition to the 10-15 minutes it will take for the pressure cooker to come up to pressure, so plan on around 30-35 minutes of cooking time.