7-Layer Bean Dip
The ultimate party food – 7 Layer Bean Dip! There’s rarely ever a speck left. It is just SO good!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Servings 10 servings
- 1 16 oz can Traditional Refried Beans
- 1 10 oz can Rotel Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies drained (use Mild if you don't like much heat)
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder divided
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 medium avocados peeled and cored
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 16 oz sour cream
- 1/2 6 oz can black olives sliced
- 2 small Roma tomatoes diced
- 2 cups finely shredded cheddar and Monterey jack cheese blend
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- In a medium mixing bowl stir together refried beans, canned tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, 1/4 tsp garlic powder and season with salt and pepper to taste (about 1/2 tsp salt/ 1/4 tsp pepper). Spread mixture into an even layer in 7 by 11-inch baking dish.
- Mash avocado with lime juice. Mix in cilantro and season with remaining 1/4 tsp garlic powder and salt to taste. Spread into an even layer over the bean layer in baking dish, then spread sour cream over avocado layer. Sprinkle with cheese, black olives over sour cream layer then top with tomatoes and green onions. Serve with tortillas chips.
Dip can be made a day in advance, just cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Recipe source: Cooking Classy