Baked Bell Pepper Tacos
Take taco night to the next level with these Baked Bell Pepper Tacos! With instructions for vegan, vegetarian, and paleo options, these peppers are ready to transform your typical taco fare with a clean-eating twist!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 18 minutes
Total Time 28 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 4 large bell peppers
- 1 bag shredded cheese extra as desired
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1 bag chopped lettuce
- 1 lb ground beef chicken, or turkey works too.
- 1 packet taco seasoning organic
- 1/2 cup water
- sour cream
- fresh cilantro
- sliced jalapeños
- pico de gallo
- lime wedges for a burst of citrus
Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
Brown the ground beef in a skillet. Once brown, mix in taco seasoning mix and water. Let simmer while you do the steps below.
- Slice each bell pepper in half. Hollow out each pepper, removing stem, seeds, etc...
- Lay peppers on a baking sheet and cook for 8-10 minutes until al-tente or for 10-15 minutes for softer peppers.
Fill each pepper to the brim with your taco filling and top with cheese.
Bake for an additional 10 minutes, then pile mile-high with all your favorite taco toppings!
Though I included the measurements I used for 8 bell pepper tacos, feel free to double, triple, or halve the recipe as desired. To fit your dietary needs, choose your own ideal combination of toppings and fillings from the lists above.