5 Layer Keto Taco Salad
For the Guacamole
- 2 ripe avocados peeled, pitted, and cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp lime juice freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup white onion diced
- 1 small tomato diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
For the beef
- 2 lbs ground beef grass fed or extra lean
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup taco seasoning mccormick organic
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Make The Guacamole
- In a medium bowl, mash together avocado, lime juice, cilantro, onion, tomato, garlic, and salt.
- Cover the guac and refrigerate while you make the beef.
Prepare The Ground Beef
- In a medium skillet, cook the ground beef over medium heat until it’s crumbled, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the water and taco seasoning. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the meat to four small bowls (or two large bowls for two servings).
Top with sour cream, then the guacamole, then the lettuce, then the cheddar cheese.
If the beef has a TON of extra fat bubbling up after it cooks (usually if not grass-fed or an 85% mix), strain out the grease and put back in the pan before adding water and seasoning. A little is totally fine.
You can also sub pre-made guac, but it’s not nearly as good as the fresh stuff.