One Pot Cheesy Taco Skillet
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 large yellow onion diced
- 2 bell peppers diced
- 1 12 oz can diced tomatoes with green chilis
- 1-2 large zucchinis diced
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 3 cups baby kale/spinach mixture this sounds like a lot- it cooks down to a small amount, optional
- 1½ cup shredded cheddar and jack cheese
- green onions to garnish
- In a large pan, lightly brown ground beef and crumble well.
- Drain excess fat.
- Add vegetables, and cook until browned.
- Add canned tomatoes, taco seasoning, and any water needed for taco seasoning to evenly coat mixture (up to 1 tbsp- the liquid from the tomatoes will help)
- Add greens and let fully wilt.
- Mix well.
- Cover with shredded cheese, and let cheese melt - about five minutes (sometimes it helps to cover the pan with a lid to melt the cheese faster.)
- When cheese is melted, serve over a bed of lettuce, rice, or in a taco or burrito!
- Garnish with green onions if desired.
Nutrition Information Serving size: 343g Calories: 330 Fat: 14.2 Saturated fat: 7.6 Trans fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 12.9 Sugar: 5.8 Fiber: 3.5 Protein: 36.8