Oven Baked Fajitas
- 1-1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into strips
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp seasoned salt
- 2 10oz cans rotel tomatoes with green chilis
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 green bell pepper sliced
- 1 pack soft tortilla shells
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Slice vegetables, add to a greased medium sized baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine the oil, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, dried oregano and salt.
- Add chicken to bowl and mix to coat the chicken, then add chicken to the baking dish.
- Drizzle the remaining mixture over the baking dish and mix the chicken and vegetables to coat the vegetables in the mixture.
- Add the Rotel tomatoes to the dish and mix everything up.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Serve in tortillas with sour cream and cheese.
This is a little spicy as instructed, add or reduce chili powder and cumin according to taste. We found it to be a little runny as well, use a slotted spoon to serve and most of the juice will stay in the baking dish. You want that juice to keep the chicken moist while cooking.
If you want to go low carb, just skip the tortillas!