Saylor Chili – Simple Black Bean and Ground Turkey Chili Recipe
- 2 lb Ground Turkey
- 2 28oz Cans Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 Cans Black Beans rinsed and drained
- 2 Green Bell Peppers diced
- 1 White Onion diced
- 2 Jalapeño Peppers seeded and chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic crushed
- ¼ cup Chili Powder
- ½ tsp Basil
- 1 tbsp Cumin
- 1 ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- Shredded Cheese
- Sour Cream
- 1 bunch Green Onions sliced
- In a large stock pot, brown the Meat, drain off fat.
- Add Peppers, Onions, Jalapeños, Basil and Garlic, cook for 10 mins
Reduce Heat to Low and add Chili Powder, Cumin, Salt, Pepper and Diced Tomatoes, Stir.
Cover and simmer for about 1 hour 20 mins
Add Beans and simmer for about 20 mins
- Serve in bowls and garnish with cheese, sour cream and green onions.