- 5.5 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 medium russet potatoes thinly sliced
- 2 cups kale chopped
- 1/2 pound Italian Sausage
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 medium white onion chopped
- 4 slices bacon chopped (ready bacon is fine)
- With some olive oil in a large pot, brown the sausage, then add onions to saute them.
- Pour in chicken broth and cream
- Add the potatoes, kale, red pepper flakes and bacon
- Bring to a boil, then simmer everything for 2 hours on medium-low.
- Serve with shredded parmesan cheese.
Big thanks to the Olive Garden for making me love this soup in the first place, Soup Salad Breadsticks for the win.